This recipe doesn’t take long, is easy to follow, and makes some delicious, “crisp-on-the-outside but chewy-on-the-inside” chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, table salt, and corn starch together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the softened butter with the brown and white sugar. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the flour mixture. Stir well, until the flour mixture is completely incorporated. Gently fold ¾ cup of chocolate chips into the dough.
- Spoon the dough into your hands, and form little balls of dough – if you want your cookies to spread a little more flatten the dough ball slightly.
- Stud the top of the dough balls with a few chocolate chips. Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on each dough ball.
- Place on parchment paper or a greased baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes when the cookies are slightly browned, or until you smell caramelisation.
- Remove cookies from the oven; set aside on a wire rack to cool. The cookies will be soft when you take them out but will continue to cook on the wire rack as they cool.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe