This delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is quick, easy, and the perfect way to use up overripe bananas.
- 3–4 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 4×8 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Continue to mix in salt, baking soda, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until completely incorporated.
- Add flour and chocolate chips, fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack. Serve!
Tip: Using previously frozen bananas results in even moister banana bread. But I’m personally fine with just 3-4 overripe bananas that never had to spend any time in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread, homemade banana bread, easy banana bread