The Chocolate Basque Cheesecake takes the gloriously caramelised flavour of the Burnt Basque and gives it a chocolate-y twist. This chocolate cheesecake is everything you want it to be…sweet, gooey, and indulgent!
- 650 grams cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream, warm
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- Salt, a pinch
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together the whipping cream and the dark chocolate until completely mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk cream cheese, sugar, and salt together until completely incorporated. Switch the mixer to low, and in three batches, fold in the beaten eggs.
- Add the chocolate mixture and flour, and mix until completely incorporated. (Optional: Strain the batter using a fine mesh sieve.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin, and bake for around 20-25 minutes.
- Let the baked cheesecake cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Ideally overnight.
- Ingredients should be room temp to avoid cracks
- I recommend going with dark chocolate that’s around 75% cacao.
- If you don’t want to wait, and dig into your cheesecake before it cools and is refrigerated, it won’t just be hot…it’ll be a mess.
Prepping your cake tin
- I used a 9-inch round cake tin for this recipe.
- Butter and line your cake tin with parchment paper. And by line, I mean, plop it in there, smoothen it out as much as you can, and make sure the sides hang out of the cake tin so that you can use it to (VERY carefully) remove the chocolate Basque cheesecake from the tin once ready. Alternatively, you can use a springform pan to make removal easier – just place a dish on the tray below it in the oven as springforms do occasionally leak a bit. (This is what I personally do.)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: chocolate basque cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate burnt basque cheesecake,