Ready in less than 5 minutes, this delicious chocolate mug cake recipe is made using the microwave. A complete game changer!
- 4 tbsp cake flour
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 medium or small egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)
- Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa powder in a large cup. Add egg and mix into the flour mixture (don’t worry if it doesn’t mix in completely).
- Pour in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract. And mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, mixing a few in the middle/bottom of the cup, while letting a few stay near the top of the mixture.
- Place the cup in the centre of your microwave, cook on high for 1 ½ – 2 minutes (depending on your microwave). Enjoy!
- You can use All-Purpose flour too.
- Best served with ice cream or whipped cream.
- In many cases, this will rise out of the top of cup or mug. So be sure to use a large one, or a microwaveable bowl if you don’t want that to happen!
Pro Tip – for super easy clean-up, butter the inside of your mug before starting.
Super Pro Tip – if you want to go for a slightly more crumbly cake, use a small egg instead.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5-minute chocolate mug cake, chocolate mug cake, chocolate cake in a mug, microwave cake recipe, easy mug cake, Best Chocolate Mug Cake