A must-try staple at Indian and Pakistani restaurants around the world! Mango Lassi is, in essence, a mango and yoghurt smoothie. Refreshing, tasty, and great for your stomach. Have it on its own or just after a meal. Besides, it only takes five minutes to make!
I love mangoes. They are, without a doubt, one of my favourite fruits. However, I rarely pick any up at the store. Why? Because I’m terrible at cutting them. And that’s especially weird because I’m generally rather good with a knife. So when my aunt happened to give me a few mangoes, I found myself in a state of ‘elated apprehension’ – knowing that delight was only a few tedious, potentially blood-drawing, slices away. I found a fantastic solution though…
I got a friend to cut the mangoes up for me. Genius!
- 1 cup Mango, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Plain Yoghurt
- ½ cup Milk
- 4 tsp White Sugar, to taste
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom (optional)
- ½ tsp Lime Zest (optional)
- Blend the mango, yoghurt, milk, and sugar together until smooth. Pour into two glasses. The end.
- Ground cardamom is the traditional garnish to Mango Lassi – I personally love to add a little lime zest to it as well. Mango and Lime just work so well together!